Become the creator of your life.
a 90-day group program with Michael McDonald,
May – August, 2015
Are you secretly talented?
This is a group training program for quiet giants who know that they are talented, but feel stuck or are dragging their feet in unleashing those talents on the world:
They’re spending all of their valuable time and energy just managing circumstances, and reacting to what’s right in front of them.
They’re stuck in problem-solving mode, while their dreams of doing great things are drifting further and further into the future, someday/maybe…
Yes, life is hard, and it needs to be engaged on the ground where it is happening.
And massive life changes are possible, not from working harder or more efficiently but by developing what is going on inside of you amongst the chaos. It is this inner resourcefulness that Integrity in Action develops:
- realizing that no matter what is going on in your life, you are still ok
- being connected with and inspired by a wealth of desires, without being attached to their fulfillment
- elegant action: thinking less, worrying less, and doing less to help you achieve even more
- embracing all of the parts of your personality, and engaging and redesigning your life as your most empowered selves
- using big goals as inspiration for immediate change and intrinsic motivation
- creating space around how you think, tinkering with what is ‘true’ for you to find the most empowering truth
- tapping into a sweet spot of radical generosity that energizes you instead of draining you
Become the creator of your life.
This is the journey from victim to creator, from scarcity to abundance. It is an inner journey, using your day-to-day life as your laboratory for learning and experimentation, with the support of your mastermind group and guided by the some of the most impactful insights I’ve had over the last 10 years.
The Integrity in Action program is designed to get you into action and to reconnect you with your potential:
what you actually want,
what you actually value,
who you actually are, and
what you are actually capable of.
From the development of that inner resourcefulness, you are able to transcend your current circumstances, to bring more of yourself into the world and create something new.
This program is for you if…
You know that you are talented, gifted, and/or skilled, but that you’re only tapping into a fraction of what you’re capable of.
You’re trying to gather enough money, enough time, enough resources to start pursuing your dreams, but meanwhile your dreams are drifting further away.
You’re doing it on your own, even though you know that you could accomplish so much more with the support of other talented people.
You feel trapped in your circumstances, and realize that the only ‘right time’ to start pursuing your dreams is now.
You demand integrity and authenticity of yourself, so much so that your ideas about what that means might be keeping you from taking any new action.
You know that there is always more.
You’re willing to let go of the life you’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for you.
This program isn’t about me teaching and you listening. It is about getting into action, about making real changes in how you engage your life, and for that to happen you’ll need a lot of real support:
The Ride (The Modules)
The program is a progression through 7 modules. Each module begins with a training call and most modules (all but the first) are 2 weeks long. Each module builds on what came before, beginning with the fundamentals and then spiraling up into more advanced territory:
- learn to surrender, face your fears, and get comfortable feeling uncomfortable,
- learn to slow down and get present, to respond to difficulty by increasing your awareness instead of your pace,
- develop a practice that can you can to gain leverage at any time, even when you are drained, triggered and your world seems to be crumbling around you, and
- start tapping into a place of inherent well-being, of realizing that you are fundamentally ok.
- remember, reawaken and discover the full range of your desires,
- learn to relish your desires by separating your desires from your attachment to them being fulfilled,
- rediscover your childlike zest for life, and
- start asking for what you really want.
- learn to think less in order to accomplish more,
- learn to do less in order to accomplish more, and
- make action immediate and visible in order to keep in the flow.
- discover the roles that you’ve been playing, and the shadow roles that you didn’t know that you’ve been playing,
- create more empowering identities for yourself,
- commit to excellence on the inside first, before it is reflected on the outside, and
- start rearranging your environment, and your life, to get into alignment with who you really are.
- learn to dream big, without losing focus, by focusing on your values,
- turn ‘impossible’ goals into inspiration for immediate action,
- achieve things on a massive scale, and
- learn to make progress with both flexibility and determination.
- get in touch with the nature of thought, thinking, and the human experience,
- embrace, explore and experiment with your most problematic beliefs, and
- learn choose and redesign what you habitually think (i.e. your beliefs) to be more in alignment with who you really are.
- see the exponential opportunity for both personal fulfillment and positive impact through being of service,
- learn to serve in ways that nourish you (not in ways that drain you),
- experiment with radical generosity, and
- commit to bringing something new into the world, upon completion of the program.
There will be an Integration call at the end of this module to wrap up the program and provide guidance for moving forward.
Each module begins with a group training call. This training call provides an opportunity for me to teach the concepts behind the module, provide a framework for the practices and assignments to execute the module, and provides an opportunity for participants to share, interact, and begin engaging the essence of the module during the call. These calls are part teaching, and part workshop.
All training calls take place on Tuesdays, at 12:00pm noon Pacific time. (This gives the maximum flexibility for people calling in from various parts of the world.) Please schedule 2 hours of uninterrupted time for each of these calls.
No one achieves great things by doing it alone. One of your most powerful resources in this program is working with each other in your mastermind group. It is through the experience, support, and perspectives of other people that we are able to grow and achieve great things. Working within a mutually supportive group is the key to getting the most out of this program, maybe even more important than participating live in the training calls!
Even if they know nothing about your life, they have the benefit of a fresh new perspective and creating a container of support. Their inherent expertise in not being you can help shake you loose of old patterns that no longer serve you, and open you up to new possibilities, a bigger menu. And you have the opportunity to support them, as well.
You will be organized into mastermind groups based on your chosen level of engagement, location/timezone, and intentions. You’ll check in with your groups after each training call, and have a mastermind group call at least once per module. You get to schedule your own mastermind calls, and I will give your group some guidance on how to best facilitate those calls.
How it Works
Each of the modules probably deserves its own 90-day training, but the sequence of them executed together over a short period of time acts like a slingshot for transforming how you engage your life. This program takes into account that many of you are already feeling overwhelmed in your life, and you’re understandably wary of spending more money, adding training calls and masterminds to your calendar and who-knows-what homework assignments on your already overtaxed to-do list.
This program has been designed to follow a certain pacing: breathe out, then breathe in. A rich training call one week, then a more relaxed mastermind checkin the next week. The Integrity in Action process begins with letting go, and mindfulness, and we will be continuously returning to that space.
It is okay to proceed through the program gently, without burning yourself out. If you allow the teachings to do their work, and you take tiny actions and see some new things and share with your mastermind, the direction of your life will shift.
Getting into Action
This program begins by getting you into action. Creative action, inspired action, experimental action, bold action, cautious action, methodical action.
Here’s how most people have it wrong: They want to figure out what they want to, and make sure that it will succeed, and then they will do it.
The truth is: action creates clarity (not the other way around). It is through action that we discover what works and what doesn’t. It is through action that we discover what we like and what we don’t like. And it is through action that we redefine what is possible.
An Inner Shift
The attention of this program is on the internal transformation that can happen within you in a short period of time. At the end of the 90 days, your external life circumstances will probably still be very recognizable. But you will have shifted enormously: who you are, how you think, how you respond to your circumstances, how you engage the world, and where you put your attention.
It is from that inner shift that you will engage the world more powerfully, with more passion and creativity and curiosity and generosity. It is intrinsically rewarding becoming more yourself. From there the ripple effect out into the world, what you achieve and what you create, is just icing on the cake.
The 3 Levels of Engagement
When you begin the program, you will be asked to select your ‘level of engagement’ with the program: mild, medium, or spicy. This indicates how much attention you intend to bring to the program. Different levels are engagement are more appropriate for different people in different situations:
Mild: If this program will be a secondary form of support for you (e.g. you’re in the middle of another training or working closely with a life coach), this might be a reasonable level of engagement for you. You have the same opportunities to fully participate in the program that the other levels have, but the pressure will be lower.
Medium: This is a reasonable level of engagement for busy people, who want to leverage this program to help them transcend their current circumstances. You’ll be expected to at least listen to all of the training calls, if not actually participating live, and to really engage each of the modules. At this level, regularly checking in with your mastermind will help enormously to help you stay on track with the program.
Spicy: This is for the participants who are ready to play full-out and get the most out of the program. They participate fully, provide a radical degree of support for everyone in their mastermind group, and participants at this level will also have an accountability partner whom they will check in with every weekday.
In addition to the personal clarity that this brings, and some context for me properly supporting each of you, your level of engagement will be considered in the creation of mastermind groups.